UNITED Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Happy Place is a Nice Place to Be [[R.I.P Sean]]

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Hello United Radio friends
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 am by Fang54

» Weekly DJ Schedule
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:12 am by Fang54

» Guess the Radio Babies
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:43 pm by NetChick

» Quotes
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 pm by mum

» Forum's Back
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:01 pm by mum

» The Digital Economy Act 2010
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:57 pm by casper

» Pics. :)
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm by Laurapooh

» So You Think You Can Be A DJ?
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 pm by SPAWN

» mIRC help
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm by ThatOneDude

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.

Go down 
+12
Travis_Bickle
mum
HOTROD
NetChick
smittee62
BorgQueen/MarcusAurelius
hellzone102
SecretAgentGirl808
Elxa
lexie
Toxin
casper
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should Radio go with what the listeners want and restrictions lifted or stay where some songs that contain cusswords are Blocked??
1 - Let's go with the new and allow cusswords in songs.
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap52%VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 13 ]
2 - Stay with what we have now.
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
3 - I'm not bothered either way.
VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Rayth

Number of posts : 6
Where You Live : Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Hobbies & Pastimes : Computers/Music/Acting
Registration date : 2008-08-18

VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.   VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:17 pm

i think we should allow cusswords as long as the full song isnt swearing the whole way through. Its really annoying not being bale to request songs which i know have certain words in them even tho i play them loud when not tuned.
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/megaproduction
Thistle

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.   VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm

I am not on my soapbox here, but feel like I need to reply to this matter. I agree with most of what has been said previously and feel that United Radio is growing in numbers slowlyand steadly. I personally try to promote United whenever possible in hopes of growing and rising to new steps forward. We have great DJ's and listeners here at United and I stand behind everyone of them! It takes a great deal of thought, work, and time to put on a set, not including the time spent on air. My hat is off to each and every individual DJ!!!

"The realm of music" is as varied and unique as each individual alive, or dead resting in our memories. The uniqueness of songs of artists in any genre is crossed quite often also. For example: Some country artists might cross over to blues, or pop, or rock etc. and vice-versa. An assumption that that particular artist only has bad word songs is a misconception, also on my part in particular....as I have recently found out, that there are a few clean songs from those artist out there....suprisingly. Often times I have stated that I won't play a particular genre......period! Also I won't play a particular artist either. Discrimination on my part for those two statements....probably yes. But, I have standards that I go thru life with, and feel like if I subside by bending those rules in my life and pressing them on others that would be wrong, in my opinion.
Yes I'm an old fogie and a baby boomer living in America.
I feel like if I play a song that has implications in them or the nasty "7" words then I have compromised my standards and might offend a listener out there somewhere in this world. If I cause a listener to leave and not come back to listen.......shamey on me!

DJ discretion is always a good place to start as the DJ should have the control of his/her own set.
But, DJ's should also set the bar high for themselves and their listeners more importantly.

Control of own set....This is varied in discription from content, genre, theme, songs, and requests.
Content... should be unique... Can you offer something viable to the world that no one else or few others offer?
Theme...I do several themed sets a year with one genre, one subject, one word, etc. It may be the whole show or one portion like an hour of it. It can be fun to find out what all you can tie together in the varied songs. If taken overboard tho......it can get annoying real fast.
Requests should be DJ discretion also. There are some songs and artists out there I JUST DON"T recognize. Yes I ask for help sometimes and "foofle" a lot of lyrics also to make sure.
If a chatter comes in and immediately starts requesting songs left and right before even saying hello, or feels like they need to take over the set with their songs for whatever reason.........NOT going to play anyone of them myself....period....end of discussion. Also, if I am playing a particular genre and the requests are not in my genre...why should we play those requests if we see fit. (The "set" should flow from beginning to end and not be interupted by an out of hand requester) Don't get me wrong...I play all requests as much as possible...but there are times it gets annoying with the differences of songs requested. Do I even know if that particular chatter requesting the song they want to hear is even tuned???? There are subtile ways of finding out tho if they are really tuned. Smile
I want the content to be unique in my set and not what every other station is playing....just because they are playing it. Twisted Evil

Rambling forward....

Back to discussion at hand.......There are so many songs out there to choose from...cazillions......!!! <<<< remember that statement!

1) Why do artists feel the need to put explatives in the lyrics and/or feel the need to degrade or deficate certain people in their songs? Question

2) Why do we as individuals feel the need to listen to them? Is it because they are top 40 or top something in the world? Kinda lame excuse there....... When there are a cazillion more to choose from. Razz

3)Why should we feel the need as DJ's to air those songs? should not. We should be above that in our standards.

I personally like the classic ones and try to bring songs and or artists to the turntables/airwaves that are not heard anywhere else....that's called uniqueness.

Let's keep out standards high and show the world that United Radio is the best out there, because, of our uniqueness in songs, varied genre, wonderful DJ's and most importantly the content we air!!!!!!

Respectively,
THistle_Thorns Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thistlestainedglass
wertz

Number of posts : 2
Where You Live : Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Hobbies &amp;amp;amp;amp; Pastimes : Guitar, Sax, Kayaking, Illegal downloading. What was that las one? Kayaking
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.   VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:09 pm

For me, this not about the lyrics, cause i don't give a rats ass if songs swear. Its about the music. So anything that expands the amount of music that can be aired on this online radio station sound pretty dam good to me. You have my MATURE, casper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idonthaveonesorry.com
mickster
Admin
mickster

Number of posts : 39
Where You Live : houston texas usa
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.   VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 am

OK. Seems the people have spoken.

After much discussion I think we can agree that "mild" cursing can be allowed (at djs discretion) and explicite 'vulgar' language be excluded.

I want to thank everyone who voiced their opinion and shared thoughts and insight. That why its "United" Radio.

I also am sorry if I upset, angered, or just plain pissed anyone off. It seems that there are cultural differences across the globe, and I for 1 have been enlightened.

Thanks to all the listeners, DJs, and those that go the extra mile for United Radio. You all have my utmost respect and appreciation..

Now back to the music....party on.

mickster
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mickster1245
HOTROD

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.   VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:36 pm

well all righty guess the masses have spoken but word to the wise an not to be hippycritical .. my genre..lol
but hope all our great djs can get more an more ppl tuned an still have fun without all the cursin an degarding an for all who have takin the time an voted my hats off to you all
an thanks united rado for bein here ....an as for my self i always have a blast here HOTROD comin atvha live right here in the best radio on the web sayin: united we stand devide we falll
Back to top Go down
Toxin
Toxin

Number of posts : 9
Where You Live : Florida
Hobbies &amp;amp;amp;amp; Pastimes : Djing, Martial Arts, Playing Piano!!
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.   VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Glad To have the verdict here, hope it works out and i hope that all the listeners enjoy there tunes, I personally love UNITED RADIO, this is really the most amazing thing i have found to do online in my entire life. Getting more people to listen would be wonderful, i myself have told many kids at my school, they all plan to tune in, not only that people in my church youth group are planning to tune in, this should help a lot, i even have teachers who said they have heard of something like it and i immediately direct them to UNITED Radio, cuz it is the most amazing radio station on your internet dial, playing the new, the old, and EVERYTHING in between. Well Lets just get back to the tunes shall we... yes back to the tunes, here on the UNITED RADIO!!!!!!!!!!

~Toxin
Back to top Go down
http://Toxxy69@Hotmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.   VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VOTE for Same Old Same or lets MATURE.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2